I. PC Cluster
The PC cluster for bioinformatics at College of Life Science, Ocean University of China (OUC-BIT), including a server and 50 terminal PCs. The server consists:
- Two fat nodes (each has four 8-core CPU, 1 TB shared memory), 2.0 TFlops each;
- One 12-node blade servers (each has four 4-core CPU, 32GB memory), 7.373 TFlops;
- A 4-nodes rack server (each has four 4-core CPU, 96GB memory)
- A ParaStor200 Distribution Parallel Storage file server (288 TB)
- All nodes are connected by 56Gbps FDR InfinitBand.
The operation system is the Linux Server (latest version) with most commonly-used environment, compliers and bioinformatics tools installed.
Figure 1: Structure of the OUC-BIT PC CLUSTER
II. Windows terminal software for accessing the PC Cluster
List of Software Installed: